Serving the Education Sector
The Ed-Fi solution enables vendors—including tool providers, data providers and systems integrators—to better serve the education sector’s increasing demand for robust, interoperable education data solutions.
The Ed-Fi tool suite includes an XML-based data standard and a dashboard source code starter kit, which together serve as a development springboard for software vendors seeking to enable rich, student-level dashboard systems that integrate data from multiple systems. The Ed-Fi solution can easily be integrated into any existing educational data system, application or service. In addition, the Ed-Fi solution aligns to Common Educational Data Standards (CEDS), giving vendors an easy way to ensure their tools and services support this important national initiative.
Designed for Innovation
The Ed-Fi solution enables tool and data providers to:
- ensure multistate and multivendor compatibility;
- focus on innovative products that address emerging needs and open new markets;
- easily address changes in standards and shifting district and state requirements without major code overhauls;
- meet the increasing demand for interoperability among tools.
Flexible Technology Foundation
The XML-based Ed-Fi solution provides systems integrators with the flexibility to:
- develop a single, standard, reusable toolkit that helps reduce implementation time;
- streamline and systematize integration processes;
- develop adaptable solutions for use among multiple districts, states and vendors.
To encourage nationwide adoption, the Ed-Fi Alliance offers free, non-transferable licenses for all Ed-Fi components. Vendors can participate in ongoing Ed-Fi solution improvement discussions by visiting the Ed-Fi discussion portal.