Today, we are excited to share an overview of the major improvements, updates, fixes and changes made in the Ed-Fi ODS / API v2.2. These updates will continue to be rolled out on an ongoing basis, and are the direct result of our Ed-Fi Community’s feedback and contributions.
- Performance Improvements to Bulk Load. We updated the process to improve the performance of bulk loading Ed-Fi XML data files, which now includes two phases. For more details, see ODS / API Bulk Load Enhancements in v2.2.
- Improved Identities API. Based on feedback and requirements from field implementations, we’ve improved the Identities API in ODS / API v2.2. The revised interface is described in detail in the Identities API technical article, and code changes are tracked here.
- Swagger Usability Enhancements. In the v2.2 release, we upgraded the Swagger documentation framework to Swagger v2.0, which delivers improvements in the API documentation pages. In addition, we’ve provided an API summary page, which provides an overview of the type of APIs, with links to detail pages.
- Smoke Testing Tool. The ODS / API Smoke Test Tool is a console application that will exercise each dynamically generated endpoint of the ODS / API to verify an installation and operation of an ODS / API. For more information, see How To: Use the ODS / API Smoke Test Utility.
- Developer Support. We tested and simplified the initDev process and environment to provide support for Visual Studio 2015 (in addition to Visual Studio 2013). For more information, see Getting Started – Installation Steps.
- Bug Fixes. This release includes a number of bug fixes contributed by the Ed-Fi Alliance and implementers. Details are catalogued in the Release Notes.
Please note that this release remains backward compatible with the Ed-Fi ODS / API v2.0 and v2.1 releases, and is still aligned to the Ed-Fi Data Standard v2.0.