As part of my role on the Ed-Fi team, I have the opportunity to travel around the country to meet in person with our community members. Recently, I met with leaders at San Francisco Unified School District this past week. Melissa Dodd, chief technology officer, Jared Joiner, executive director of strategy and communications, and the rest of the SFUSD leadership team have a lot of great things in the works for their students and teachers, all based around a vision of interoperability and driving value from their data – keep it up SFUSD!
I made two more stops, both in the Orange County area, to check out the developing work happening with the Santa Ana Unified School District and with Eagle Software, the makers of Aeries SIS. During both stops, much of the conversation revolved around brainstorming ways for these institutions to leverage Ed-Fi.
Lastly, members of my team visited with the Georgia Department of Education team and heard about all of the exciting work they’re doing to support teachers, students and parents with actionable data. I’m constantly impressed by what this community is capable of.
We have a number of SIS’s that we continually reach out to and work with on behalf of the districts and states in the Ed-Fi Community, including Edupoint Synergy, Follet Aspen, Prologic TEAMS, and many more, all in support of advancing interoperability. We know that this community and the broader K-12 ecosystem becomes better and stronger as the adoption of standards grow, and we need you to make this happen.
Come See Us!
Our team members will be speaking at a handful of upcoming conferences this next month:
- I’ll be presenting at the Florida Association of Educational Data Systems (FAEDS) in Daytona, FL on September 26, as well as iNACOL on October 25.
- Maureen Wentworth will be presenting at Education Information Management Advisory Consortium (EIMAC) in Carey, NC on October 23-24, as well as attending the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)’s Reporting in the Age of ESSA meeting on October 25-26.
- Our team will also be joining an exciting conversation on interoperability at the upcoming SETDA Leadership Conference on October 22-25.
- We’ll be leading a workshop on enabling personalized learning at EdSurge’s Fusion Conference in early November.
- And don’t forget, the Ed-Fi Summit and Bootcamp on October 3-6!
If you’re planning to attend any of these events, come say hi! We’d love to meet and hear from you.