The Ed-Fi Technical Advisory Group (TAG) is composed of organizations with technical expertise in Ed-Fi technology and in the technology domains critical to meeting the goals and mission of the Ed-Fi Alliance and Ed-Fi Community.
The TAG provides technical guidance and input on the Ed-Fi Technology Roadmap, technical artifacts, and technology decisions relating to the Ed-Fi Data Standard and Implementation Suite.
I want to take a moment to thank the 2017-2018 TAG and their many accomplishments, including:
- Raised to prominence the community struggles with data quality, and then drove current community work around data quality and validation. These insights are shaping how Ed-Fi Technology and Data Standard can best support these processes. In fact, there’s a session on these design concepts at the upcoming Technical Congress (where we’ll be unveiling the members of the 2018-2019 TAG).
- Worked on Ed-Fi Enumerations, which looked at how to support diverse enumeration sets for different use cases in the Ed-Fi suite.
- Helped guide the conversation around standardization—including API validations, community support for common metrics, the concept of “composite” APIs, and differential/event-driven APIs.
2017-2018 Technical Advisory Group Members
- Arizona Department of Education, Henry Williams
- Certica Solutions, Geoff McElhanon
- Double Line Partners, Matt Warden
- Florida CODE / NEFEC, Sherod Keen
- Infinite Campus, Jon Berry
- Michigan Data Hub / KRESA, Don Dailey
- Placid Consulting, Silvia Brunet-Jones
- Portland Public Schools, Travis Paakki
- Skyward Inc., Tim Casey
- Texas Education Agency, Fuat Aki
- UPD Consulting, Mark Reichert
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Dan Retzlaff