We are looking for community members to join a special interest group on Student Equity.
There has been a historic disproportionality for minority students with respect to chronic absenteeism, discipline, and student outcomes. Identifying, analyzing, and responding to disproportionality is critically dependent on the district’s data systems, which up until now, have largely been limited to after-the-fact reporting. Several key issues have been identified:
- Inconsistent data entry and classification practices impact data accuracy and consistency, which, in turn, impacts the ability to address equity issues.
- Data integration issues impact the ability to provide consolidated data.
- Lack of real-time data limits the ability to conduct timely interventions.
The goals of the SIG are as follows:
- Review and Prioritize the Student Equity requirements contributed by Leon County
- Provide input into and feedback on the Alliance’s work to deliver a Starter Kit focused on Student Equity
- Discuss the current data availability to answer these Student Equity questions
More details, including current members, are available on the SIG web page (requires login).
If you would like to join this effort, please contact David Clements, email@example.com