We are looking for community members to join the Reporting and Visualization Workgroup.
The RVWG exists to examine the needs of the community around visualizing use cases with data sourced from the Ed-Fi ODS/API. It also exists to provide community members with recommendations and guidance, both technical and non-technical, to standing up these visualizations and promoting the use of Ed-Fi with their stakeholders.
To meet this mission the RVWG will provide the following:
- Discuss building visualization frameworks which supports community members in choosing and deploying a set of visualizations appropriate for their use cases and particular organizational constraints.
- Support that framework with particular use cases from mature or maturing implementations. This will allow community participation at all points in the implementation journey. This step is vital in establishing patterns for iterating on Ed-Fi based visualizations and to provide end-users with the support to evaluate impact and reach.
- Collect and document community strategies for offering data out of the ODS/API and in to downstream visualizations.
- Provide a set of technical and non-technical artifacts to the Ed-Fi Alliance to determine a roadmap (if any) for Ed-Fi Alliance supported solutions.
The goals of the work group are as follows:
- Survey the community on how visualization solutions are pulling data out of the Ed-Fi ODS/API and document the strategies within Ed-Fi’s Techdocs.
- Coalesce the “data out” strategies used in the community into a resource for new members
More details, including current members, are available on the RVWG web page (requires login).
If you would like to join this effort, please contact David Clements, email@example.com