Technical Congress 2020
The Technical Congress is our annual event for technologists, developers, and Ed-Fi implementers who want to take a deep dive into the technical details of the Ed-Fi Data Standard and technologies. Join us for two days of in-depth sessions and community-led discussion on our thorniest topics. Be prepared to help problem solve and shape the future of Ed-Fi!
April 20 – 22, 2020
The US Grant Hotel
San Diego, CA 92101
About the Ed-Fi Technical Congress
The Tech Congress is where we talk strategy, get technical, and solicit feedback from you, our community. We’ll be making some big announcements at this year’s event and covering the topics we know are most important to you. We can’t wait to gather with you in sunny San Diego to share and learn!
This event is for you if:
- You’re a developer
- You’re a technical lead for your organization
- You’re a data analyst or DBA
- You’re a project manager or product person responsible for implementing Ed-Fi technology at your organization
- You attended the Ed-Fi Summit and wanted more detail
- You enjoy digging into the technology weeds and geeking out
- You want to help prioritize technical projects for the Ed-Fi Roadmap
“We are reaching a phase of our Ed-Fi implementation where we have to make critical decisions. While none of these questions have a simple answer, attending the Tech Congress gave our team the opportunity to access Ed-Fi’s greatest asset in the pursuit of answers: the community.
The Tech Congress ended with the Tech Town Hall—an opportunity for members of the community to advocate for changes they’d like to see before each organization voted. This process speaks to Ed-Fi’s democratic, community-driven nature, and illustrates the importance of diverse participation.”
-Monica Hogan, Director of Analytics, Boston Public Schools
The Tech Congress is an intimate event, limited to 200 attendees. Sessions are highly technical, collaborative, and hands-on. Lunches and evening networking events provide a great setting for connecting and reconnecting with fellow Ed-Fi community members!
The conference will kick off first thing in the morning on Monday, April 20th and runs through mid-afternoon on Wednesday, the 22nd.
Sample Sessions (From 2019):
- Simplifying Data Analysis on the Ed-Fi Platform: Analytics Middle Tier
- Strategies for Data Out from the ODS/API
- Bringing Data Analysis and Integrations to School Districts at Scale
- Generate and EDFacts Reporting
- Making Assessment Data Exchange Flow Over API: Lessons Learned and Open Questions
- Using the ODS/API Admin App to Populate Learning Standards
- MetaEd Plugin Authoring
- Hands-On with the Data Import Tool
- ODS-to-ODS Data Flows
- Evolving the Grade and Course Transcript Data Models and APIs
- Multi-Year Models for Ed-Fi ODS/API Platform
The 2020 agenda is coming soon.
The US Grant Hotel
San Diego, CA 92101
The 2020 Ed-Fi Technical Congress will be held at the US Grant Hotel in San Diego, California. Book your hotel room here to receive a significant discount! This is a Marriott property and is eligible for Marriott points and membership discounts.
“Distinguished by quiet glamour and enduring sophistication, THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego has welcomed guests for over 100 years. Nestled in downtown San Diego, in the vibrant Gaslamp Quarter, our hotel provides an ideal location to explore the city. Iconic attractions like the San Diego Zoo, Petco Park and Balboa Park are situated nearby, providing ample opportunities for adventure and exploration. Innovative meetings and downtown events occur in our historic venues, including one that was once a Prohibition-era speakeasy.”
Pack Your Flip Flops and Roll Up Your Sleeves!
We love teaching, learning, data-geeking, and hosting important discussions at the TC. If you're an Ed-Fi user or plan to be, don't miss this once-a-year opportunity.