Ready to start using the data you’re already collecting and seamlessly connect systems? We’ve been waiting for you.
With anything new there is a learning curve. But using the following readiness checklist will help ensure that you’ve got everything you need for a successful Ed-Fi implementation.
- Inventory your critical systems like student information systems, assessment platforms, LMS’s etc. to discover which ones already support Ed-Fi. If they are not currently on the list, join the community and we will work with you to help onboard them.
- If you’re planning to leverage Ed-Fi standards or technologies as part of a larger software/ IT system initiative, review the model RFP language to support your procurement department.
- Alert your legal team that you’ll need to sign a software license. Review the sample license.
- Determine if your state or district is already a member of the Ed-Fi Community.
- Begin to familiarize yourself and your team members with the publicly-available resources, like our resource-rich knowledge base and Ed-Fi Tech Docs.
- Consider which deployment option will be the best fit for your environment.
- We strongly suggest you review our partner network and engage a system integrator.
- Once your license is fully executed, perform technical due diligence by deep diving into the code to further investigate and research the technical artifacts. View Ed-Fi’s API documentation and demonstration.